A basic knowledge of Windows and/or Macintosh operating systems.
Instructional PDF of covered features, FastTrack Schedule training file.
This course is for anyone who is looking to manage their tasks and resources in
greater detail. This class will teach you how to create advanced dependencies between
tasks and manage if projects are finishing on time and on budget.
*Please note, the course will be taught on an operating system-neutral Classic Menu
interface on Windows.
- Effort-Driven and Fixed Duration Scheduling Advanced Scheduling Methods:
Define activities as effort-driven and/or fixed duration to prepare for resource
- Defining Resources and Allocating Resources: Set standard and overtime
rates for your resource and individual work calendars. Assign your resources to
tasks effectively with the ability to apply workload contours.
- Tracking Resource Costs Calculation Columns & Summary Graphs: Track
your resource cost per task and per resource. Build customizable calculations to
track variance in projected vs. actual resource costs. Build comprehensive Summary
Graphs to show cost across time within your project.
- Resource Filters: Display reports about resources based on workload and
- Work Calendars: Learn how to create and apply project, country, resource,
and link calendars in your schedule.
- Tracking Revisions and Project Status: Track where your project has started
early or fallen behind and the percent your activities have been completed.
- Consolidating Schedules: Learn how to combine multiple schedules within
one master file, allowing a project manager to take charge of all resources and
cost for entire project.